Monday, October 21, 2013

DIY Clay Mask

I gave myself a facial today. I cleansed first and made up a kaolin clay mask. I'm feelin' sassy now. If you want to feel sassy too, try my recipe:


Basic Kaolin Clay Mask for Normal to Oily Skin:

1 T. kaolin clay powder (my dad and I mined it ourselves in Nevada)
Purified water or warm herb tea, to make into a nice spreadable consistency
2 drops tea tree essential oil
2 drops lavender essential oil

Mix everything together, adding the essential oils last. Add the oils slowly, too much can make your eyes water. Spread gently on your face avoiding the eye and lip area. Let dry at least 10 minutes. Rinse off completely, and pat skin dry.

I like to finish with a spray of peppermint or rose hydrosol which has been mixed into a base of witch hazel.
You can then seal the moisture into your skin by rubbing in a couple drops of jojoba oil while the skin is still damp.

As far as herb teas go, I like to add mint, rooibose, chamomile, lavender, or lemon balm.

You can also add other ingredients like ground rolled oats, avocado, virgin coconut oil, honey, or barley grass juice to the mask.



Have fun exploring,
Author: Leila Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment