Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A requested recipe...Fijian Pumpkin Curry

My parents used to own a place in Fiji. Most of my kids were able to go spend time with my parents there. I was unable to go to Fiji myself, but I can have a taste of Fiji whenever I choose. Thank you Tseliora for giving your delicious recipe to my mom.

Tseliora's Pumpkin Curry:

1 large butternut squash, peeled with a vegetable peeler
2 to 3 T. coconut oil
1 onion, diced
2 to 3 garlic cloves, mashed
1 t. tumeric
2 t. masala seasoning, to taste
1 can rich lolo (coconut milk) (or fresh is even better!)
1 t. sea salt or Leila's BioSalt, to taste
chilies, to taste

Method:
Cut raw butternut squash in 1 X 1/2" pieces.
Fry cubed squash in plenty of coconut oil until just tender - AL Dent'e! Remove squash and set aside.
Fry a desired amount of onion and garlic in the coconut oil... When brown, sprinkle on tumeric and "Masala".
Add Lolo and cook until just thick.
Add salt to taste.
Add chilies if desired to taste.
Add al dent'e squash and fold in.
Warm and serve (over basmati rice).

Or use in place of the butternut squash, 1 small pumpkin or kabocha squash; cut in half and peel off the rough spots with a cleaver; cut the peeled flesh into 3/4 inch cubes.

Note: See my first post for my BioSalt recipe.

Enjoy!
Author: Leila Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment